Sunday, July 1, 2007

New Board

I did a trade in and got mysekf a new surfboard today. The first one was pretty trashed when I got it for £30 and was pretty much a heap of crap. As I was warned it didn't really float and was exceptionally hard to ride as a result. My vanity meant that i still wanted a short board rather than a big foam learners board but something a little longer and thicker witha bit more float. Oh and something that wouldn't embed sharp bits of fibreglass in my hand at every point. So the new one was from the trade in shop who gave me R100 for my old board (£7.50) and sold me the new one for R1100 which isn't bad. So it's a Custom 6'9" Thruster shaped Justin Healy of Hout Bay. For a guy called Keith spelt badly - I bet that sucked having your name spelt wrong under fibreglass on a custom board.

Here's the stringer details.

No comments: