Tuesday, March 20, 2007

29ºC, BMX's and the City

Today started very early. Nicky had to head into town to check out some new offices. Given the 2 hour time difference that meant i was waking at 6am. One thing the sun does is get you out of bed. I planned to go and have a swim in one of the outdoor pools but instead decided to ride into the city to get my bearings - swimming would have been a wiser idea given the heat. The city was buzzing, found the new flat, under which there was a pretty busy market. Cycling in the grid of the city was pretty wild. A kin to New York but with less rules - gonna take a bit of getting used to. One thing that amazes me is the complete lack of bikes on the road - I've seen about 4 so far.

It's so hot. My Farmers tan is in full swing with no sign of retreat. Sat with feet in the little splash pool while my lunch went down - nice

Over and out

No comments: